Group: Community Manager
Gold Armbars: 153,560
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 6

Rep: 23 pts

Awards: 2

Hello! Time for more EXCITING NEWS!

Before I get into that, though, I just want to review some of the past announcements we’ve done lately, as we’ve been doing a lot more recently! With April just around the corner, let’s see where AES has gone this year:

JANUARY:
-AES Awards went up for voting

FEBRUARY:
-AES Award winners announced
-Our new domain name was discussed, approved, and put into place. If you are still using the old one, a reminder to update your bookmarks to aes-live.com!
-A long-awaited community survey went live. Results have since been reviewed, and I think we’re on the path to resolving any issues that were brought up!
-Staff restructuring. We changed the blanket “admin” position to three smaller ranks of “general manager,” “community manager,” and “content manager,” and added Phukfaic, Francis, IDBC, and Tiffy to the staff team.
-New banner initiative

MARCH:
-Restructuring of the AES Network, to find feds more easily.

--------

This isn’t the main thing, but it’s also worth mentioning: We’ve updated the Patreon rewards and goals.

Our new rewards include custom Radio Armbar ads, art from the staff team, an opportunity to pick a game to be streamed, custom titantrons, and more!

As for goals, we’ve surpassed the $90 a month mark. We’ve added goals at $200 and $500. At $200, we can cover the entire site infrastructure costs, with enough left over to buy a dedicated server, offering possibilities for a 24/7 live stream, more bots, and other things like that. At $500, Dan won’t have to worry about paying rent, which means he could focus full time on AES content, guaranteeing a biweekly fed and other content!

To see where we stand on our Patreon, get more info on these rewards and goals, or to join in on funding, check it out here.

------

Moving right along, time for the big news.

This is something the majority of the staff team has been collectively working on. A lot of time has been put in to get this ready for launch, and it’s something that we’re hoping continues to get expanded.

Say hello to the AES Wiki

This was something we discussed a long, long time ago, but never really knew how to accomplish. If I remember correctly, it was something we briefly discussed way back when we were on the old site, around the time we relaunched the profile board subforum. I’m sure you’ve all used a wiki in some way, shape, or form before, and well, this is our version of it.

We’re hoping to have everything on here from characters, e-feds, supershows, championships, AES in-jokes, and more. The lore and world of AES is HUGE, and frankly, it can be quite difficult to get caught up, or it can be a bit discouraging to have missed so much info and not know what’s happened in AES history. This is kind of our way of remedying those issues. We’re aiming to keep this thing updated. And, like other wikis, the content here can be edited by anyone, so feel free to dive in and help us get this baby rolling!

If you have any comments, concerns, or questions, be sure to hit us up! What do you think of these fancy new features? How are we doin'? Let us know!

And above all else, thanks for being part of the site.

Keep it cool,

Goldeneye

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
gurly
 Posted: Mar 26 2017, 07:00 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Group: AES Founder
Gold Armbars: 710

Donate
Member No.: 105

Rep: 11 pts

Awards: 1

Is AES wiki kayfabe or no?

--------------------
user posted image
LOL AMY ROSELYN IS MY ONLY CHARACTER NOW****
#ROSEWORLDCHAMPION4LYFE

****I'm so out of the loop that I didn't even know SAPW was closed, so I'm keeping Rematch Jackson goddamnit
PM
^
Tiffy Lockhart
 Posted: Mar 26 2017, 07:40 PM
Quote Post

Rain rain, go away, and stay that way if Nico Ni is indeed basic
Group Icon

Group: Content Manager
Gold Armbars: 1,440

Donate
Member No.: 102

Rep: 8 pts

Awards: 5

QUOTE (gurly @ Mar 26 2017, 07:00 PM)
Is AES wiki kayfabe or no?

The History sections are kayfabe, absolutely.
You can cite IRL things at the end.

--------------------
"Tyger, tyger, so bright and so innovative." -Punkie
"half tiger half fire half amazing the only man with three halves" - Matt

user posted image

I made ROSE, I make RISE, and I sometimes make FILR, but I always make love user posted image user posted image user posted image

...not LOVE I don't make that fed.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicFast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

AES Main skin made by Ross Hitchman with additional help from Matt The Doctor, El Beardy and Teezy.